This past week I began a 21-Day Purification Program by Standard Process recommended by my nutritionist (who is amazing by the way, check her out!). The goal of this purification program was to basically detox my body, heal my leaky gut, & eliminate foods that could be triggering my hypothyroidism, my fatigue, my acne breakouts, & just overall feeling like crap. I wanted to use this platform as a way to record this journey & share with others what I have been doing to heal my body.
Here is what I had to eliminate:
- Grains / Gluten / Wheat / Rice / etc.
- Corn anything
- Caffeine / Coffee
- Processed or refined foods
I know. Do what is there left to eat right? Here is what I have been eating everyday:
- LOTS OF VEGGIES! I have so far mainly been eating a ton of zucchini, carrots, kale, spinach, lettuce, squash, brussel sprouts, broccoli, asparagus, beets, onions, celery, sweet potatoes, etc. At the beginning of the week I mad a huge batch of roasted veggies that lasted me all week. It helped a ton!
- Green fruit smoothies throughout the day with the protein powder recommended. I’ve mostly been using bananas, mixed berries, mangoes, peaches, carrot juice, spinach, & avocado in my smoothies.
- Organic / grass-fed / no hormones meat like chicken, cod, salmon, & turkey.
- Quinoa – I’ve only been eatings a little bit either once or every other day.
- Kelp Noodles were recommended by my nutritionist for someone with Hypothyroidism. I don’t eat them everyday because of the iodine content, but they are a easy substitute since I love noodles!
- Soup – I made a really good huge batch of soup that lasted me a few days & even my boyfriend & sister liked it! It had a ton of veggies, chicken, & the kelp noodles.
- Herbal Tea
- Water, water, & water throughout the day.
I know, I know.. it looks super hard, but I am actually surprised how easy this first week went! I think what really helped was meal prepping a ton before the week started & it really helped that I had to drink 2-3 smoothies a day, that kept me full most of the time.
Here is what I have been noticing this first week:
- I feel more energized! Now, I will put the disclaimer that it is my 3rd week on T3, a new med in addition to my Hypothyroid hormone medication, but after this first week I have noticed an increase in my energy levels. Like, I actually have energy to workout after work!
- Less bloated! Not bad, not bad!
- My skin hasn’t changed much. I broke out a bit, but then again I am about to start my period so that is normal.
- I feel less hungry throughout the day. I am not sure if this is because I’m constantly drinking water throughout the day as well as these smoothies, but when I think back to my day & I’ve only been eating veggies & a little meat… I’m really surprised I’m not hungry?
Overall, I’m feeling good! I still got 2 more weeks to go, but I think I got this down!